The conference hotel is the Sheraton, which is directly across the street from the law school. It is about a 2-minute walk from the hotel to the law school. There is a limited amount of rooms reserved, so if you will need a room, we suggest booking it as early as possible. The conference rate is $229.00 per night and is available on both Friday and Saturday nights.
*Please be aware that the Sheraton will charge a deposit equal to one night’s room and tax at the time you make a room reservation, and upon check-in, the deposit will be applied towards your bill. Sheraton’s policy is that deposits paid by guests are non-refundable.
Some other options for hotels downtown can be found here
Parking and Transportation
Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University address:
111 E. Taylor St.
Phoenix, AZ 85004-4467
(Southwest corner of East Taylor St. and North 2nd St.)
Directions to the College:
From the I-10 freeway:
From the east or west Interstate 10, take exit 145A to 7th Street and turn south (left for westbound travelers and a right for eastbound travelers). Continue on 7th Street until East Fillmore St.; turn right onto East Fillmore Street. Continue to North 2nd Street and turn left. The law school is one block south at the southwest corner of Taylor and 2nd St.
From the I-17 freeway:
From the north or south Interstate 17, take exit 195B to 7th Street and turn north (left for southbound travelers and a right for northbound travelers). Continue on 7th Street until East Fillmore St.; turn left onto East Fillmore Street. Continue to North 2nd Street and turn left. The law school is one block south at the southwest corner of Taylor and 2nd St.
From Sky Harbor International Airport:
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport – “America’s Friendliest Airport” – is 4.9 miles from the new College of Law building. Once you arrive, the College of Law is easily accessible by light rail from the airport. Follow the signs in the airport to the Phoenix Sky Train. The new Phoenix Sky Train is an automated people-mover that transports Sky Harbor passengers from all the terminals to the 44th Street and Washington Light Rail station. From there, take the Light Rail east to downtown Phoenix, approximately 15 minutes away. One ride on the Light Rail costs $2 per person, a full-day pass costs $4 per person, and a 7-day pass costs $20 per person. There is a Light Rail stop one block from the Center and conference hotel at East Van Buren Street and Central Ave.
Taxis are available from the airport for about $22 to the College of Law. Super Shuttle (a shared-ride shuttle) is also available for $13 per person. Once aboard, both modes of transportation take about 15 minutes to reach downtown.
If you rent a car, exit the airport on the west side to I-10 West. Continue on I-10 West to exit 145A to 7th Street and turn left. Continue on 7th Street until East Fillmore Street; turn right onto East Fillmore Street. Continue to North 2nd Street and turn left. The law school is one block south at the southwest corner of Taylor and 2nd Street.
There is metered parking on the streets all around the law school. On Friday afternoon, you should park in the University Center II parking, also called the Downtown Phoenix Cronkite Visitor Lot.
Friday parking instructions:
- The UC-2 Visitor Lot is located on the south side of Fillmore between 1st St. and Central Ave.
- Please pull up and check in with the attendant and provide them with the name or confirmation number used in the parking request: Conf. number 202529; Requestor, Carolyn Williams; event, Rocky Mountain Regional Legal Writing Conference at the Beus Center for Law and Society.
- Your reservation will be honored as long as you arrive no more than 60 minutes before or 60 minutes after your scheduled arrival time at noon.
- Your confirmation number does not cover the cost of parking; it only guarantees a parking space. The UC-2 Visitor Lot now requires payment 24/7.
- If new equipment is not working, guests will be issued an event ticket with a serial number on it. This serial number will be recorded by the attendant and used as the method of how we will bill for the spaces used.
- You may be required to provide our attendant with the confirmation number above.
- If you have any questions, please contact Parking and Transit Field Operations at extension 61707.
- Map to the UC-2 Visitor Lot http://www.asu.edu/map/interactive/?id=120&mrkIid=64986
There are other ASU lots and parking garages available around the downtown campus. You can view all options on the Parking and Transit Services Downtown Campus webpage
Saturday parking instructions:
On Saturday, parking is free under the Beus Center for Law and Society law school building. The entrance is off of 2nd Street between Taylor and Polk Streets. See the interactive map above for a map to it.