Navajo Nation Law 2014 CLE Conference Agenda October 24, 2014
Download Agenda Here
||Check in and Continental Breakfast
||Welcome and Introduction
- Patty Ferguson-Bohnee, Faculty Director, Indian Legal Program, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at ASU
- Kate Rosier, Executive Director, Indian Legal Program, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at ASU
||Navajo Supreme Court Decisions 2014
Paul Spruhan, Assistant Attorney General for the Litigation and Employment Unit, Navajo Nation Department of Justice
||Tribal Ownership Opportunity through Section 184
- Naomi L. White, HR Specialist ER/LR, Indian Health Services Human Resources
- Belinda J. Hadley, Home Purchase Advisor Manager, Navajo Partnership for Housing, Inc.
- Veronica R. Yellowhair, Housing Specialist Navajo Housing Authority, Fort Defiance Housing Management Office
||Cultural Healing Considerations for your Client (Ethics – Hour 1)
Ernest Harry Begay, Traditional Healer, Indian Heath Services
||Pick up Box Lunch
||The Federal Trust Responsibility for Health Care and the Navajo Nation Self-Insurance Program: A Problem in Economic Development Law
Steven C. Boos, Partner, Maynes, Bradford, Shipps and Sheftel, LLP
||Adult Guardianship Statute
Kristin Fitzharris, DNA People’s Legal Services
||Local Governance Act
Rodgerick T. Begay, Navajo Nation Department of Justice
||The State of Navajo Employment Law in 2014
- David R. Jordan, The Law Offices of David R. Jordan, P.C.
||Ethics (Hour 2)
- Myles V. Lynk, Peter Kiewit Foundation Professor of Law, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
- Judith M. Dworkin, Managing Partner, Sacks Tierney P.A.
Thank you to the Lunch Sponsor:
We are currently seeking conference sponsors. For more info call Darlene Lester at 480-965-7715
Net proceeds from this conference will go towards student Indian Law scholarships.