The Legal Landscape of Tribal Renewable Energy Development CLE Conference
November 21 & 22, 2013
Thursday, Nov 21 – 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m./ Friday, Nov 22 – 8:30 – 4:30 p.m.
(continental breakfasts and lunches provided)
Video-proceedings of this conference will be available for sale on DVD by January 10.
Please email Darlene Lester at Darlene.email@example.com
Arizona State University
301 Orange Mall, Tempe 85281
Memorial Union, Turquoise Ballroom MU 220
The Indian Legal Program at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University, and the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Indian Energy, are co-hosting this conference on the legal issues and considerations for developing renewable energy projects in Indian Country.
Conference attendees will learn about:
- Federal Indian laws and regulations on leasing, right-of-ways, including the HEARTH Act and Tribal Energy Resource Agreements
- National Environmental Policy Act and National Historic Preservation Act
- State jurisdiction and taxation
- Transmission, including the power marketing authorities and legal authorities at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Contracting considerations for leases, development agreements and power purchase agreements
- Corporate structures and project ownership
This activity may qualify for up to 10 General CLE and at least 1.5 Ethics/Professional Responsibility MCLE for the State Bar of Arizona. New Mexico MCLE board approval is pending.
|Early Registration Rate:||$350 Expired
|Regular Rate:||425 Online registration ends 11/19 4pm|
|On-Site Registration Rate:||$500 (Nov 21 at 8:00 am at venue)|
|Special ILP Alumni Rate:||$300 (extended to Nov. 19 -4 pm- 25th ILP Anniversary Special for ILP Graduates)|
|Elected Tribal Leaders:||Free – advance registration required.
Call Darlene Lester (480) 965-7715
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|ASU Faculty & Students:||Email Darlene Lester at email@example.com|
Please also join us for the ILP’s 25th year Anniversary Celebrations!
Celebrating the Past – Looking toward the Future
Reception and Dinner – Friday, November 22, 2013
Old Main – ASU Tempe
5:30 pm Reception / 6:30 pm Dinner
Family Day of Fun and BBQ – Saturday, November 23, 2013
Papago Park Baseball Fields / Picnic area
To receive information on more upcoming ILP events please click here to subscribe to the ILP Email List